Guesthouse Pass Lueg is a family business developed with a lot of love and passion and can look back on a history of 70 years.
Grandma Rosa Kurz bought the guesthouse in 1957, even before the Tauern highway in this area had been expanded. All traffic passed the Lueg Pass and guests used the House for overnight stays or culinary delights.
In 1971, Friedrich Kurz took over together with his wife Berta the entire management of the House. Guesthouse Pass Lueg was within a very short time a first-class address for traditional Austrian cuisine culture.
In 2009 the hotel moved to the newest generation of the family. Stefanie and David Kurz provided proven tradition and quality and paired this with fresh, modern ideas for the hotel.
From 2017 the hotel has transferred to a Bed and Breakfast in Spring, Summer and Autumn. Winter and Group business operates as usual as a Dinner Bed and Breakfast destination for 20 persons or more.
History of Pass Lueg
Guesthouse Pass Lueg is situated at 552 m on a high mountain pass in the Alps, in the province of Salzburg.
The Hagen mountains in the West, the Tennengebirge mountains in the East and Central on the A10 Tauern Autobahn between the highway exits 28 and 34, only 30 minutes from the Festival City of Salzburg. The pilgrimage church Maria Brunneck corner with Brunnecker Bründl, a mineral spring is located slightly below the old pass.